Businesses, Click Here
Wisconsin.StateRecords.org is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”). You understand and acknowledge that these reports are NOT “consumer reports” as defined by the FCRA. Your access and use of a report is subject to our Terms of Service and you expressly acknowledge that you are prohibited from using this service and this report to determine an individual’s eligibility for credit, insurance, employment or any other purpose regulated by the FCRA.


Staterecords.org provides access to CRIMINAL, PUBLIC, and VITAL RECORDS (arrest records, warrants, felonies, misdemeanors, sexual offenses, mugshots, criminal driving violations, convictions, jail records, legal judgments, and more) aggregated from a variety of sources, such as county sheriff's offices, police departments, courthouses, incarceration facilities, and municipal, county and other public and private sources.

Staterecords.org is a privately owned, independently run resource for government-generated public records. It is not operated by, affiliated or associated with any state, local or federal government or agency.

Staterecords.org is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA") and should not be used to determine an individual's eligibility for personal credit or employment, tenant screening or to assess risk associated with a business transaction. You understand and agree that you may not use information provided by Staterecords.org for any unlawful purpose, such as stalking or harassing others, and including for any purpose under the FCRA.

This website contains information collected from public and private resources. Staterecords.org cannot confirm that information provided is accurate or complete. Please use any information provided responsibly.

By clicking "I Agree," you consent to our Terms of Use and are authorizing Staterecords.org to conduct a people research to identify preliminary results of the search subject you entered. You understand and agree that search reports will only be available with a purchase.

Waukesha County Arrest, Court, and Public Records

Crime Numbers

The Wisconsin Department of Justice collates and presents annual crime data for all the counties in the state. Its latest reports include 2018 crime statistics for Waukesha County. That year, the county recorded 7 homicides, 57 rapes, 56 robberies, 163 aggravated assaults, and 514 simple assaults. Incidences of property crimes include 358 burglaries, 3,184 larceny thefts, 176 motor vehicle thefts, and 4 arsons.

Compared to the 2014 crime figures for the county, 2018 saw rising homicide (133.3%), rape (14%), robbery (36.6%), aggravated assault (7.9%), and motor vehicle theft (25%) rates. The five-year crime trend for Waukesha County also indicates falling simple assault (22.5%), burglary (46.2%), larceny theft (25.3%), and arson (20%) rates.

Criminal Records

The Criminal Information Bureau (CIB) of the Wisconsin Department of Justice maintains a centralized criminal history database that provides information about arrests, prosecutions, court judgements, and jail times. Residents of Waukesha County looking for background checks on certain individuals can do so from the Wisconsin Online Record Check System (WORCS) website. Search from the Authorized User section if you have already registered with the website and added your billing information. For a quick one-time search, search from the Public Access section.

The CIB charges $7 for searching and viewing criminal history reports online on the WORCS website. You can also request for a certified and notarized copy of your background check from the website. This will be delivered by mail and costs an additional $5 handling fee.

The Records Division of the Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department maintains the records of the Detective and Patrol Bureaus. It also provides copies of incident and accident reports to the public upon request. To obtain these criminal justice records, complete and submit the Permissible Uses Form to the Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department. You may submit the completed form in person at:

Waukesha County Sheriff's Department
515 W. Moreland Boulevard
Waukesha, WI 53188
(262) 548-7122

The Sheriff’s Department also accepts mail and fax submissions as well as phone requests. Use the follow contact information to submit your request:

Attention: Records Division
Waukesha County Sheriff's Department
P.O. Box 1488
Waukesha, WI 53187-1488
Phone: (262) 548-7156
Fax: (262) 548-7887

Note that you still have to come to the Sheriff’s Department to present a photo ID and pick up the records even if you made your request by mail, fax, or phone. Members of the public can submit requests and pick up records at the Sheriff’s Department from Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. The fee for paper copies of incident and accident reports is 25 cents per page. Digital files stored on optical media cost $10 per CD/DVD.

To locate registered sex offenders living in Waukesha County, search the Wisconsin Sex Offender Registry maintained by the state’s Department of Corrections. You can search for offenders by name or provide city name, zip codes, and street addresses in Waukesha County to pull up a list of registered sex offenders living in your community.

There are two correctional facilities in Waukesha County run by the Sheriff’s Department. The Waukesha County Jail is a maximum-security facility for male and female inmates. The Waukesha County Huber Facility is a work release facility. Find the addresses of these correctional facilities below:

Waukesha County Jail
515 W. Moreland Blvd.
Waukesha, WI 53188
Waukesha County Huber Facility
1400 Northview Rd.
Waukesha, WI 53188

The Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department publishes a current inmate list for both facilities on its website. Friends and family can deposit money into inmates’ accounts at the kiosk in the public lobby of the county jail. Cash and credit/debit card deposits are accepted at this kiosk. Note that $1 bill is not accepted at the kiosk. Furthermore, there is a $3.25 service fee and a $500 limit when paying cash at the kiosk. Service fee for credit/debit card transactions is $4.95 while deposit limit is $100.

You can also fund an inmate’s account by sending a certified check, a cashier’s check, or money order to:

Waukesha County Jail
Attention: Correctional Services Assistant
P.O. Box 0217
Waukesha, WI 53187-0217

Fill out the check or money order in this way: Pay to the order of: Waukesha County Jail FBO Inmate's Name [i.e. Waukesha County Jail FBO John Doe].

Court Records

The Circuit Court is the highest trial court in Waukesha County. It has five departments: Civil/Small Claims, Criminal and Traffic, Family, Juvenile, and Probate Courts. The Civil, Criminal, and Family Courts are located in the Waukesha County Courthouse while the Juvenile and Probate Courts are in the Juvenile Center. Below are the addresses and contact information of these Circuit Courts:

Civil/Small Claims Court
Waukesha County Courthouse
Civil Division, Room C-167
515 W. Moreland Blvd.
Waukesha, WI 53188
Phone: (262) 548-7525
Fax: (262) 548-7546

Waukesha County Courthouse
Civil Division, Room C-167
P.O. Box 1627
Waukesha, WI 53187-1627

Criminal and Traffic Court
Waukesha County Courthouse
Criminal/Traffic Division, Room C-226
515 W. Moreland Blvd.
Waukesha, WI 53188
(262) 548-7485

Waukesha County Courthouse
Criminal/Traffic Division, Room C-226
P.O. Box 1627
Waukesha, WI 53187-1627

Family Court
Waukesha County Courthouse
Family Division, Room C-153
515 W. Moreland Blvd.
Waukesha, WI 53188
Phone: (262) 548-7544
Fax: (262) 896-8364

Waukesha County Courthouse
Family Division, Room C-153
P.O. Box 1627
Waukesha, WI 53187-1627

Juvenile Court
Waukesha County Juvenile Center
Room: JC-103 521 Riverview Ave.
Waukesha WI, 53188
(262) 548-7449

Waukesha County Juvenile Center
Room JC-103
521 Riverview Ave.
Waukesha, WI 53187-1627

Probate Court
Waukesha County Juvenile Center
Probate Division, Room: JC-103
521 Riverview Ave.
Waukesha, WI 53188
(262) 548-7468

Register in Probate
Waukesha County Juvenile Center,
521 Riverview Avenue
Waukesha, WI 53187-1627

To view a court record in person, visit the Circuit Court Division where the case was filed and heard. Note that old records are in offsite storage and you should call ahead to give court staff time to retrieve and ready those records. Juvenile Court records are only available to view and obtain after requests for them are approved by the Juvenile Court judge.

Use the Wisconsin Circuit Court Access to view electronic copies of Waukesha County Circuit Courts records. You can request for copies of court records in person, by mail, or by phone. Visit or call the Circuit Court where the case was filed to make a request in person. To submit a mail request, use the mailing address of the court as provided above.

The Civil/Small Claims, Criminal/Traffic, Family, and Juvenile Courts charge $1.25 per page for copies of court documents and $5 per document to certify these copies. The Probate Court charges $1 per page for copies of court records and $3 per document for certification. There is an additional $5 search fee ($4 for Probate Court) if requesting assistance from court officials to locate case numbers.

Besides the Circuit Courts, there are 16 Municipal Courts in Waukesha County. Contact these courts to ask about viewing and obtaining their records. Below are the addresses and contact information of these courts:

Big Bend Joint Municipal Court
W230 S9185 Nevins Street, Big Bend, WI 53103
(262) 662-2966

Serves the Town of Waukesha and Village of Big Bend.
City of Brookfield Municipal Court
2100 North Calhoun Road, Brookfield, WI 53005
Phone: (262) 796-6660
Fax: (262) 782-4558

City of Delafield Municipal Court
Council Chambers, City Hall
500 Genesee Street, Delafield, WI 53018
Phone: (262) 646-6245
Fax: (262) 372-4039

City of Muskego Municipal Court
W182 S8200 Racine Avenue, Muskego, WI 53150
Phone: (262) 679-4114
Fax: (262) 679-5605

City of New Berlin Municipal Court
Public Safety Building
16300 West National Avenue, New Berlin, WI 53151
Phone: (262) 780-8154
Fax: (262) 780-8135

City of Pewaukee Municipal Court
W240 N3065 Pewaukee Road, Pewaukee, WI 53072
Phone: (262) 691-9083
Fax: (262) 691-6074

City of Waukesha Municipal Court
201 Delafield Street, Room 201, Waukesha, WI 53188
Phone: (262) 524-3705
Fax: (262) 650-2570

Lake Country Municipal Court
174 East Wisconsin Avenue, Oconomowoc, WI 53066
Phone: (262) 569-0920
Fax: (262) 569-0771

Serves the City of Oconomowoc; Towns of Delafield, Erin, Ixonia, Lisbon, Merton, Oconomowoc, and Summit; and Villages of Chenequa, Dousman, Hartland, Lac La Belle, Merton, Nashotah, Oconomowoc Lake, Sullivan, Summit, and Sussex.

Town of Brookfield Municipal Court
645 North Janacek Road, Brookfield, WI 53045
Phone: (262) 796-3780
Fax: (262) 796-0339

Village of Butler Municipal Court
12621 West Hampton Avenue, Butler, WI 53007
Phone: (262) 783-2525
Fax: (262) 783-2539

Village of Elm Grove Municipal Court
13600 Juneau Boulevard, Elm Grove, WI 53122
Phone: (262) 780-6676
Fax: (262) 782-8550

Village of Lannon Municipal Court
20399 West Main Street, P.O. Box 456, Lannon, WI 53046
Phone: (262) 293-9233
Fax: (262) 293-9235

Village of Menomonee Falls Municipal Court
W156 N8480 Pilgrim Road, Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Phone: (262) 532-4370
Fax: (262) 532-4379

Village of Mukwonago Municipal Court
627 South Rochester Street, P.O. Box 206, Mukwonago, WI 53149
Phone: (262) 363-6433
Fax: (262) 363-6438

Village of North Prairie Municipal Court
130 North Harrison Street, North Prairie, WI 53153
Phone: (262) 392-2265
Fax: (262) 392-2936

Serves the Towns of Eagle and Mukwonago, and the Villages of Eagle and North Prairie._

Village of Pewaukee Municipal Court
235 Hickory Street, Pewaukee, WI 53072
Phone: (262) 691-5678 ext. 228
Fax: (262) 691-5675

Conducting a search is subject to our Terms of Service and Privacy Notice.

Vital Records

The Waukesha County Register of Deeds issues divorce certificates for divorces finalized from 2016 to the present. To obtain copies of this record, complete and submit a Divorce Certificate Application. Bring or mail this, along with a current photo ID, to:

Register of Deeds
515 W Moreland Blvd AC110
Waukesha, WI 53188

The Register’s office accepts in-person requests from Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. It accepts cash, check, and credit card (except American Express card) for in-person requests and check and money order for mail requests. The fee for the first copy of a divorce certificate is $20. Each additional copy of the same record ordered at the same time costs $3.

The Waukesha County Register of Deeds also provides birth, death, and marriage certificates. Its records cover births from October 1, 1907, deaths from September 1, 2013, and marriage certificates from June 21, 2015 to the present. Submit a Birth, Death, or Marriage Certificate Application to request one of these records. Follow the same procedures as described above for in-person and mail requests. The Register of Deeds also charges the same fees for these records.

For divorces finalized before 2016, contact the Vital Records Office of the Wisconsin Department of Health Services. Make an in-person request by visiting:

Wisconsin Vital Records Office
1 West Wilson Street, Room 160
Madison, WI 53703

Get to the office between 8:00 a.m. and 4:15 p.m. from Monday through Friday. Bring along a government-issued photo ID and two identifying documents such as vehicle registration title, bank statement, lease, health insurance card, utility bill, or traffic ticket. To submit your request by mail, send a completed Divorce certificate application to:

Mailing address
Wisconsin Vital Records Office
P.O. Box 309
Madison, WI 53701

Include photocopies of the documents listed above as well as a check or money order for copy fees. Make your check or money order payable to State of Wis. Vital Records. The first copy of divorce certificate costs $20 and each additional copy costs $3.

You can also obtain marriage, birth, and death certificates from the Vital Records Office. Follow the same procedures but submit a Birth, Death, or Marriage certificate application. The same fees apply for these vital records.